Refined oils as the name suggests are made finer by filtering and straining for removing impurity, odor and color from the oils. In the process, a lot of nutrients are also removed along with losing some natural flavor of the oil too. Particles and resins are also removed to make them stable longer shelf life. They are also more resistant to smoking due to the mono-saturated fats, so are a very good medium for frying.
The main advantages that can be seen clearly in Refined oils are :
- Removal of impurities of the crude oil
- Resistant to deterioration
- High heat cooking compatibility
- Highly recommended for daily cooking
- Recommended as healthy
Now, let us look into some healthy facts about refined oil (especially soybean and sunflower). Soybean and sunflower refined oil are two very common oil variants that are vastly used in India, today.
- Rich in heart-healthy fats: ploy-unsaturated fatty acids and mono-unsaturated fatty acids in these oils provide you with less risk of heart-related diseases, by reducing cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Promotes bone health due to the vitamin K found in them. Vitamin K also helps in building bone mass and also protects from age-related bone loss, giving higher resistance to bone fracture.
- Helps in blood clotting due to the influence of Vitamin K.
- Good storehouse of Omega 3 & 6 essential for heart health, fetal development, brain functioning and immunity of the body.
- Promotes Skin health with the vitamin E content of the oil.
There is nothing like 100% healthy oil. Every oil has its downsides, so is the case with refined oils. But the advantages weigh more and if taken in required and controlled amounts could prove to be a healthy oil option for the entire family. That is why Kriti refined oils prove to be healthy as they are manufactured to give you more taste even with the use of very little oil. Kriti refined oils have proved to be the healthier daily cooking medium due to this attribute of the oil – Less is More.
The above segment provides us with a brief detail of the health and purity aspect of the oil. Now let us look into the nutrition factor that is also equally important when looking for a healthy medium for cooking.
The Nutrition facts:
|Amount Per 100g|
|Energy -900 kcal|
|Total Saturated fat content not more than||16% by weight|
|Trans Fatty Acids Not more than||1% by weight|
|Total Fats||100 gm|
|Added vitamin A||600-990 mcg RE|
|Added Vitamin D||11-16 mcg|
|Permitted antioxidants||INS 319|
Mcg stands for micrograms
RE stands for Rentinol Equivalent
Free from argemon oil
From the above chart, it is obvious that refined oil had more polyunsaturated fatty acid and monounsaturated fatty oil that are good for health. Oil is a mainstay of any good and tasty recipe but the oil we use for those tasty recipes should be balanced and provide the family with overall health for everyone, from children to the elderly. Along with health, the oil should also be a good tasty medium for daily cooking purposes. Choose an oil that is good in taste and provided health benefits with a good cooking experience. Kriti refined oils the leading producer of soybean and sunflower refined oils in India stands true to all the aspects of a perfect cooking medium – it is healthy, it is tasty and very little is required to give you that great taste.
Eat tasty stay healthy.